Rose Winters, Chief Executive Officer
Rose Winters has more than twenty years of experience in all facets of the non‑profit arena. She has been a founding member of non-profit agencies and has served in leadership roles with a number of non-profit organizations. She is a founding board member of the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross Foundation. Additionally, she has worked as a consultant addressing nonprofit strategies with a special focus on women, health, rural, and children and youth concerns. She is a successful author of federal, state and corporate grants.
Her experience includes:
- Founded and served as the Executive Director of an HIV/AIDS service organization in rural Virginia with a service delivery area of 4,000 square miles
- Facilitator of numerous focus groups specific to health and youth at risk
- Serves as a panel chair and panel reviewer since 2001 for federal grants for HRSA, HIV/AIDS Bureau, and Administration for Children and Families
- American Organization of World Health Speaker's Bureau
- Chaired the Northwest Virginia Ryan White Consortium (3 Years)
- Vice Chair of the Northwest Virginia AIDS Service Council Organization (3 Years)
- Commonwealth of Virginia HIV Planning Committee
- James Madison University Nursing Council
- Eastern Mennonite College Nursing Council
- Authored a successful curriculum on HIV Prevention targeting middle and senior high schools
- Provided leadership in AZ Katrina Response effort
- Organized Task Force on Healthcare Reform
- Published author of numerous articles and a book, Tea With Elisabeth about her good friend, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, MD
- Educates healthcare professionals, healthcare leaders and policy makers on holistic practices and healthcare reform
- Wrote and produced the documentary, Finding Hearts At Peace
Maggie Wright, Branding & Communication Director
Margaret (Maggie) Wright is a best-selling author, radio personalty and marketing consultant. She has over thirty years of experience building brands. She specializes in helping small businesses and nonprofits build lasting emotional relationships with their customers.
After receiving her M.B.A. in the late 1970s, Maggie worked as a Brand Manager for some large packaged goods corporations, such as the Sara Lee Corporation and American Home Products, where she managed many household brands, such as Gulden's Mustard, Jiffy Pop Popcorn, and Chef Boyardee Pizza. She oversaw the initial testing and introduction of the "squeeze bottle" for Guldens, and she initiated the original testing of microwave popcorn for Jiffy Pop.
Maggie developed and introduced nationally Oreo Cookies N' Cream Ice Cream, which was a joint venture between Sara Lee Corporation and Nabisco Brands. It resulted in $140 Million first year sales and was recognized as one of the largest new product entries of the 1980s.
In the late 1980s, Maggie founded Wright Marketing Blueprint, Inc. to help clients position their brands by better understanding WHY their consumers act as they do. She combines her big brand marketing expertise and entrepreneurial skills to help small businesses and nonprofits.
Maggie is one of the original founders of a community radio station in Sun City West (www.SunCityWestRadio.com ) that plays Golden Oldie music and local events. She is the creator/host of her own show, Boomer Tunes, where the listeners are encouraged to share their memories and favorite golden oldie songs.
John Florez, Multimedia Developer
John began his career in the late 1960's as a record producer. Throughout his career, one of every three songs he produced was nationally charted, and among his many successes were the hits, Grazin' in the Grass by The Friends of Distinction (#3) and the #1 Billboard national success, Rock the Boat by The Hues Corporation. His clients included: A&M, Arista, Capitol, CBS, Elektra, RCA and Warner Brothers Records.
In 1984, John became a PC software technical support representative and trainer. In 1996 and 1997, his knowledge of software applications led to training contracts with Intel Corporation and SkillPath Seminars, where he led 2‑day seminars across the U.S. and Canada for corporate and government technicians.
For the past 20+ years he has developed websites, created educational software, and edited digital films/marketing videos.